Your home suffers a lot of wear and tear each day. It’s normal to see hints of damage here and there – but wouldn’t it be nicer without them. What can you do to clear up after a minor domestic catastrophe?
Whether it’s damage that comes from repeated use, or a one-off accident that’s left a mark, little flaws around the home can detract from all your good intentions. Everything seems nicely decorated, and then your eyes drift to a horrible scratch or a stain in the carpet. It can be difficult to know how to fix these problems without making them worse.
Well, every blemish needs its own solution – but the solutions are out there. Did you know that petroleum jelly is ideal for getting rid of mug rings on tables? It’s just one of many surprising household uses this weird substance has!
Bigger disasters, like spilling wax on your carpet, can be dealt with using easy-to-find tools. With wax, the best thing to do is to cover the spillage with kitchen paper, and heat it up with a hairdryer. Once the towel is saturated with wax, replace it with it with a fresh one and do it again. Keep trying until the wax is all gone – it shouldn’t take long.
You never know where the next bit of damage is going to appear. We’ve put together a new infographic, with easy instructions on how to deal with a number of common mishaps around the home.
It might sometimes feel like your house has a life of its own. With these handy tips, you’ll be ready to give it a little tender loving care whenever required.
Add this infographic to your site:
- Click the text below.
- Copy the selected text.
- Paste the code on your website.
- Allan, P. (2016). Remove Candle Wax From Your Carpet With a Hair Dryer and Paper Towels. lifehacker.com
- Hedstrom, G. Hedstrom, P. Tremore, J. O. (2017). How to fix scratches in hardwood floors. dummies.com
- How Stuff Works. (2017). How to Replace a Toilet Handle. home.howstuffworks.com
- Evans, E. (2016). How To Fix a Running Toilet: Common Causes & Easy DIY Fixes. apartmenttherapy.com
- Paservank. (2017). So You Drilled in the Wrong Spot. instructables.com
- Hedstrom, G. Hedstrom, P. Tremore, J. O. (2017). How to reattach loose wallpaper seams…. dummies.com
- Raymond, D. (2017). How to Replace a Baluster. thisoldhouse.com
- Polycell. (2017). Polycell Plug & Fix Polyfilla. polycell.co.uk
- Shea, T. (2017). How to Remove Water Stains From Wood: 6 Tricks to Try. rd.com
- The Family Handyman. (2017). Fix a Wobbly Chair: Reglue a Wooden Chair. familyhandyman.com
- Carey, J. Carey, M. (2017). How to fix a sagging gate. dummies.com
- B&Q. (2017). How to repair your paving. diy.com
- Savings Experiment Staff. Unexpected Uses for Petroleum Jelly. aol.com
- Woodruff, M. 21 Clever Uses For Household Items. businessinsider.com