5 Ways Lemons Can Be Used in the Home:
Lemons are a powerful, all-natural cleaner. Here are five ways you can include lemons in your cleaning routine:
- All-purpose cleaning. Mix one-half cup of white vinegar, lemon juice and two cups of water. Spray and wipe clean.
- Copper polish. Pour salt on a lemon and scrub.
- Cutting board cleaning. Cut a lemon in half and rub it onto your cleaning board. Let it sit for 20 minutes. Rinse and towel dry.
- Microwave upkeep. Place a lemon and water in a bowl and turn on the microwave. Remove the bowl and wipe away the water.
- Pest control. Mix four lemons and two liters of water to create a natural pesticide. Spray the mixture near pest hot spots. Limes and grapefruits work as well if you don’t have lemons.