8 Steps to Pressure Washing Concrete Driveway
Power washing is a simple way to renew your home’s concrete surfaces. Use this simple guide to get started:
- Sweep up debris. Use a broom to clear away debris and dirt.
- Cover doors and painted surfaces. Protect doors and painted surfaces with a plastic sheet.
- Degrease your concrete. Spray your concrete with degreaser and use a stiff brush to scrub it in.
- Prep your power washer. Attach your hose to the power washer.
- Add your detergent. Turn on the water and add your detergent to the pressure washer.
- Clean your concrete. Spray the concrete using a side-to-side motion.
- Let the detergent soak. Let the soap sit for five minutes.
- Rinse your concrete. Spray off the soap with water.
How much does it cost to rent a power washer? That’ll depend on the model you’re going to need. Expect to pay an hourly or daily fee anywhere from $20 to $300 depending on whether it is a hot water or heavy-duty model.