Steps for Stripping Paint Off Wood Furniture
Old or damaged stains can ruin the look of your furniture. Use this quick guide to update any tired furniture around your house:
- Gather your tools. This job will require a paint brush, paint scraper, wire brush, wood stripper, safety glasses, gloves, a hand or circular sander and an empty bucket.
- Brush on wood stripper. Use your paint brush to apply the wood stripper. Let it sit for two to three minutes.
- Scrape away the finish. Use your scraper to remove the current stain. Use a wire brush for hard-to-reach areas.
- Sand the surfaces. Use your sander to remove the finish and reveal the bare wood.
- Add your new stain. Wipe down all the surfaces with a dry rag and begin brushing on your new stain.
No Comments Yet
You can be the first to comment!