5 Steps for Painting Door Knobs
Updating your doorknobs doesn’t have to be expensive. In fact, you can give your doors a new — and cost-friendly — look with these five easy steps:
- Remove your hardware. Unscrew your doorknob.
- Prep your hardware. Use steel wool to rough the surface.
- Secure the doorknob. Use the underside of an egg carton to hold your doorknob in place.
- Coat your doorknob. Spray the doorknob with spray paint.
- Replace the doorknob. Wait for the paint to dry and then replace the doorknob.