Tips for Cleaning Outside Windows
Dirty exterior windows can detract from the beauty of your home. Use this quick how-to to keep your windows crystal clear:
- Mix your cleaning agent. Mix three ounces of dishwasher rinse aid, four tablespoons of isopropyl alcohol, one-fourth cup of ammonia and one-fourth cup of dishwasher detergent.
- Add water. Add two gallons of hot water to your mixture.
- Spritz your windows. Use a spray bottle to spread your mixture onto your windows.
- Scrub with a long-handled brush. Submerge a long-handled brush in your window wash and scrub down your windows.
- Rinse your windows. Use a hose to rinse away your mixture.
How to Clean Interior Windows
Clean interior windows improve the appearance of your home. Here are three easy cleaning solutions:
- Vinegar spray. White distilled vinegar in a spray bottle is a simple way to clean windows.
- Windex. Windex will also remove dirt and grime with a streak-free shine.
- Bleach and water. Bleach and water is a powerful dirt and grime fighter. Avoid using too much bleach. Bleach-heavy mixtures can damage paint.